[Xapian-discuss] Vista Ultimate (or Enterprise) / Eric Lindblad

Eric Lindblad geirfuglaps at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 07:41:56 BST 2015

Vista Ultimate by Eric Lindblad
http://www.ericlindblad.blogspot.com

Email: GeirfuglApS <at> yahoo.com

I there anyone with a 32 bit Vista Ultimate (or Enteprise) box who would be willing to  download from MS & install 'Utilities and SDK for UNIX-based Applications_X86.exe', compile & install make-3.81 as gmake in /usr, compile & install m4-1.4.9 as gm4 in /usr, compile &  install a patched libuuid-1.0.3.tar.gz (see below link), compile & install (only a static) zlib-1.2.8, & then run the configure script for xapian-core-1.2.21 with the below arguments, so as to check whether my copying over from SUA (for Vista & newer) getopt.h, inttypes.h & stdint.h, into C:\SFU\usr\include - SFU did not ship with such named files - caused the 'ambiguous overload' error, noting that SUA's & SFU's sys/types.h files are not identical, or whether with a 'default' SUA w/ upgraded gmake & gm4 running gcc & g++ versions as 3.3 on the configure script likewise results in an 'ambiguous overload' error?

Either SUA compile is not possible or a patch is needed to forward xapian compile on SUA.

cf: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/9862

gcc & g++ versions
should be set to 3.3 only

sometimes the configure script hangs
or a segmentation fault (core dump)
occurs, in which event reboot, I
noticed with frequent core dumps that
defraging and running the script again
seems to help

env CPPFLAGS="-D_ALL_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include" \
./configure --prefix=/usr \
--sysconfdir=/etc \
--localstatedir=/var \
--mandir=/usr/man \