RHEL7 packages

Yannick Warnier ywarnier at beeznest.org
Fri Apr 8 16:44:20 BST 2016

Hi there,

I'm following the instructions on http://xapian.org/download for RPM
packages for RedHat Enterprise Linux. I have RHEL7 but I see there's no
specific support for that. I was wondering if there was some specific
reason for that or if it was just something pending.

At the moment, if I follow the instructions for RHEL5 & 6, I get
(understandably) the following, which in short is to say "not found":

"""

[root at chamilosvr ywarnier]# yum update
Modules complémentaires chargés : langpacks, product-id, rhui-lb, search-
                                 : disabled-repos
http://rpm.eprints.org/xapian/7Server/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Essai d'un autre miroir.
To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1320623

If above article doesn't help to resolve this issue please open a ticket
with Red Hat Support.

  One of the configured repositories failed (Xapian RHEL) [...a big list
of instructions to fix my repos list...]

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rpm-eprints-org-xapian: [Errno 256] No
more mirrors to try.
http://rpm.eprints.org/xapian/7Server/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

"""

Am I correct? Is there any plan to put packages for RHEL7 in the short
term? I'm particularly interested in the PHP bindings.

Is there any chance I can motivate ($) someone to build them for me and
put them online for all? (RHEL is really not my cup of tea and I'd
rather avoid playing around on a server with any PHP bindings)

Regards,

Yannick