Weighting recent results

Alex Aminoff aminoff at nber.org
Fri Apr 22 17:23:15 BST 2016

I did some digging and found a thread from 2011 talking about how to
subclass Xapian::PostingSource in order to incorporate the date or
recency of a document in its weighting:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/8849/focus=8856

As in that thread, I want to be clear that I don't want to sort by date,
but rather incorporate date information into the score by which I sort
the results. I may be able to stumble around and figure this out, but I
wonder if any current xapian users have done something like this and how
did it work out?

We are a perl shop, but I guess I will need to figure out some C++ in
order to do this?

Thanks,
  - Alex Aminoff
    NBER