testing

Eric Lindblad geirfuglaps at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 17:00:36 GMT 2016

If the subject of xapian-core apitests on MSYS/MINGW and MSYS2/MINGW is taken up it might be noted that the compiler version could be recorded, probably gcc 5.3.0 or newer, that closed pipes might be an issue, and also allocating for the location of xapian-tcpsrv.

Not from my own tests but another man informed there was some problems with [MSYS2] python bindings.

I am not knowledgeable of the packages and/or files utilised with MSYS/MINGW and/or MSYS2/MINGW to resolve a hostname, however, maybe a xapian-core compile and run of 'make check' under MSYS/MINGW would provide more output than (as below) under MSYS2/MINGW, which merely printed "FAIL: apitest.exe".

If there is any usefulness in MSYS/MINGW output in getting MSYS2/MINGW to pass the apitest I can not say, neither will forward I an assessment as to whether in this direction old stable (1.2.24) might be looked at before current (1.4.1) as pertains to MSYS/MINGW and/or MSYS2/MINGW.

http://nurmi-labs.blogspot.com/p/xapian-linux-sse.html
(passes api library tests but failed api remote tests)

http://nurmi-labs.blogspot.com/p/xapian-ms-sse.html
(FAIL: apitest.exe)

http://nurmi-labs.blogspot.com/p/xapian-linux-old-stable-sse.html
xapian-core-1.2.24 (All 6 tests passed)