testing

Eric Lindblad geirfuglaps at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 01:54:42 GMT 2016

Having modified software packages' creation scripts some of which use patches, I'm familiar with their use and authorship. It was the specific patch Olly mentioned which I did not know yet if it was needed or indicated.

Obviously autoconf is indicated for a bootstrap when xapian is obtained from Github, but, the package maintainer for the MSYS2/MINGW xapian-core1.4.1 had not listed autoconf as a dependency.

Therefore when compiling from xapian from source should autoconf be present? Running 'make check' on autoconf on MSYS2/MINGW hangs on the 203rd test, and, having never used 'rebaseall', which someone recommended to attend to hanging tests on Cygwin and derivatives, does anyone have an opinion about running 'rebaseall'?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MINGW/i686/
mingw-w64-i686-xapian-core-1.4.1-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MINGW/Sources/
mingw-w64-xapian-core-1.4.1-1.src.tar.xz