答复:Compile xapian-core on CentOS 7: configure: error: uuid.h found, but uuid_create() not found?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jan 19 21:23:06 GMT 2016

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 05:24:45PM +0800, 顾笑群 wrote:
> Solved:)
> Just remove e2fsprogs-devel, it works now.

This doesn't make much sense to me - looking inside
e2fsprogs-devel-1.42.9-7.el7.x86_64.rpm I see nothing related to uuid
stuff, so I can't see why having this installed should make any
difference.

It would be good to either avoid whatever problem we're hitting, or
improve the error in this case, but without understanding what is
happening, that's hard to do.

(The background is that libuuid used to be part of e2fsprogs, but got
split out, so on a modern distro it's a separate package, but for an
older distro you may want e2fsprogs.)

> PS:  have you some other better way to install xapian on Centos 7?

There are reasonably current packages of Xapian in EPEL:

https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/repoview/xapian-core.html

which apparently can be used with Centos:

https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories#head-6d2fe2c161f17b9ca34f13298c09920e7d0cbbef