xapian websites available via https

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Jan 24 21:22:13 GMT 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 03:05:31PM +0100, Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> James writes:
> > It’d be helpful if people could check if they have any problem
> > accessing the sites over https.
>
> Works for me (Iceweasel 43.0.4, browsing from Denmark) - cool!

Yes, many thanks to James for working on this.

> I spotted these when clicking around a little:
>
> · The link "Highly portable" on https://xapian.org/features points to
>   http://trac...
>
> · The links ​"mailing lists" and "Mailing lists" on
>   https://trac.xapian.org/ points to http://xapian...

Fixed.  Being a wiki, anyone can fix such links - please feel free to.
One warning - trac doesn't seem to understand links without a scheme, so
a link to //xapian.org/ doesn't work - explicitly specifying https:
seems to be needed.

> · The link "Documentation" on https://trac.xapian.org/ points to
>   http://xapian...

I've fixed these and all the others I found with grep.  Also fixed up
a couple of lingering references to wiki.xapian.org (which redirects
to trac.xapian.org/wiki).

> · The link "Xapian-devel Archives" on
>   https://lists.xapian.org/mailman/listinfo/xapian-devel points to
>   http://lists...
>
> · The link "More info on this list..." on
>   https://lists.xapian.org/pipermail/xapian-devel/2015-December/thread.html
>   points to http://lists...

These are presumably in the mailman config, which I think only James can
update.