xapian performance

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue May 31 05:59:03 BST 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 04:11:33PM +0530, Smriti Atrey wrote:
> I am facing some performance issue on xapian version 1.0.16. Can someone
> tell me how system configuration help to improve xapian performance.

I'd suggest upgrading to a release which isn't from 2009 as a first
step.  The Xapian 1.0.x release series ended more than 5 years ago.

> Guessing that re-indexing is taking time. Is there any performance
> improvement in later version ?

Yes, there have been a lot of improvements in since that version.

> What is performance for xapian on some particular system configuration ?

Unfortunately that's really too generic a question to be able to
usefully answer - a lot depends on the nature of the data and how you
are indexing it.