missing Search::Xapian on xapian 1.4.0

Markus Wörle mrks at mrks.de
Mon Sep 5 12:51:26 BST 2016

Hello,

I am currently using xapian 1.2.23 with the Search::Xapian perl bindings. I'd like to upgrade to 1.4.0, but it seems that there is no suitable Search::Xapian available, and the SWIG-generated bindings are marked as experimental. So, my question is:  Do I have to wait for the new API to get stable, or is there another way for me to upgrade to the 1.4.x branch?

I'd like to avoid to adapt to an unstable/experimental API, because Search::Xapian is highly integrated in our system, and the transition involves a lot of effort.

Regards,
mrks