problem with bindings configure script

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Sep 9 20:25:20 BST 2016

On 9 Sep 2016, at 19:55, John Bankert <jbankert at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile xapian core and bindings under cygwin. I have no
> issues running the configure script and then compiling core, but bindings
> is giving me some issues. I'm running the configure script for bindings as
> follows:

John — a couple of things should help get you closer to this.

1. XAPIAN_CONFIG needs to point to the xapian-config binary you built (and installed) from xapian-core-1.4.0

2. you can point configure at the JNI include directory using JNI_INCLUDE_DIR

I'm not sure why you're getting those errors bout confdefs.h, though, so there may be more you have to do to make this work.

--
 James Aylett
 devfort.com — spacelog.org — tartarus.org/james/