How to enhance the query performance for large boolean attribute

程苏珺 csjlight at 126.com
Tue Dec 5 03:01:27 GMT 2017

Hi all,

I am a new user to Xapian, and now we met such problem. In our case, a document has many attributes which is boolean value, for example( A, B, C ) , and our search query will use certain filter logic ( A == true and B == false ..) to combine with other search logic.

We use MatchDecider to implement the filter logic, and now we met some performance problem, because our self-defined scoring method is very complicated and cost many time. We do some analyzer, and actually the boolean attribute filter ( A == true and B == false ..) can filter lots of docs, but we found seems the MatchDecider is running after scoring, so it help less to the performance enhancement.

So would you please give us some suggesting for our case?

Thanks
Aimee