Documentation page down

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Nov 24 19:41:02 GMT 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 11:15:32AM +0000, Jiadi Yao wrote:
> Just want to report that the documentation page below returns an empty page:
>
> https://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/index.html

It looks like the issue is that doxygen now uses Javascript to build its
menus (which seems like a strange choice for a static documentation
generator), but we only package up *.html *.css and *.png.  So I think
this used to work, but was broken a doxygen upgrade.

Just packaging up *.js too wouldn't solve this, as we're using a custom
page header, and that doesn't include the Javascript files, so that
needs fixing too.  Or working out how to configure doxygen to stop
Javascript being needed, if that's possible.

For now, use this link:

https://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/annotated.html

That mostly works (a few things seem to now use jquery, like the
expand/contract arrows, so those are non-functioning right now).

Thanks for noticing and reporting.  I'll sort this out soon.