Boosted fields search in Python

Katja Abramova katja.abramova at dimension.it
Fri Aug 10 15:31:38 BST 2018

Hi James,

Field searching in Xapian is generally done using prefixes; the practical
> example in our "getting started" guide discusses this, and has sample code
> in python. I'd read from the beginning, including the core concepts. (
> https://getting-started-with-xapian.readthedocs.io/).

I did read it all! but it seems I got lost along the way.

> It also shows how to use the QueryParser to split and stem user-inputted
> queries into Xapian Query objects. You'll want to set the default_prefix
> when you call QueryParser::parse_query

Indeed, I didn't connect the dots with using the default_prefix and that
you have to chain the tittle_query to _weighted_title_query to final_query.
That was super helpful, thank you!