How to set environment variable XAPIAN_CJK_NGRAM?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Feb 13 03:44:46 GMT 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 09:32:26AM +0800, Peter Zhao wrote:
> I installed Xapian 1.2.25 on Ubuntu 14.04. How to set  environment
> variable XAPIAN_CJK_NGRAM? I'm a newbie  to Xapian.

This is really a generic Unix question rather than a Xapian one, and the
answer rather depend how eprints gets run.

When you're running a program from the shell, you can use env in front
of the command you normally would use:

env XAPIAN_CJK_NGRAM=1 indexer-command

For a web app (which it looks like the eprints UI is) you'll probably
need to set it in the webserver config, e.g. if you're using apache:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_env.html#setenv