Difficulty trying to configure and installing XAPIAN!

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jul 17 06:59:02 BST 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 04:29:52PM +0100, José Manuel Marques wrote:
> Hi I'm trying to configure and install XAPIAN for hacking.
>
> The problem it's the current XAPIAN-Master of github it's not working.
>
> I try to configure the XAPIAN-CORE and he don´t recognize ./configure
> or if I run from a build folder ../configure

I already answered this same question via the bugtracker.

When building from git you need to bootstrap the source tree before you
can configure and build it.

The top-level "README" directs you to the relevant documentation for how
to do that:

| If you're new to hacking on Xapian, you should probably start by
| reading the xapian-core/HACKING file.  If you're new to Xapian
| entirely, you should probably read the xapian-core/README file, or you
| can find further information on our website at https://xapian.org/
|
| See the section "Building from git" in xapian-core/HACKING for details
| on getting started.

I'm not sure how that could really be made clearer, but if you have any
suggestions let us know.