Xapian configuration

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jul 25 01:02:24 BST 2018

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 09:28:19PM +0000, mor fall wrote:
> I want a tutorial on how to configure xapian on a moinmoin wiki.
>
> I install my moinmoin wiki on a virtual env but I m having lots of
> problem to configure xapian

We don't have such a tutorial for moinmoin, or any other third party
application built on Xapian.

I think you are probably more likely to get useful answers if you ask
the moinmoin developers, but maybe we can help if you tell us where
it actually goes wrong.

Judging from the Debian python-moinmoin package, moinmoin still uses
xappy, which is a python layer on top of our python bindings, but xappy
hasn't been maintained since ~2011, so you're not likely to get useful
help with that in 2018.  If the problem is with xappy, you'll probably
have to figure it out yourself.

Personally I'd just use that Debian python-moinmoin package if I wanted
to install a moinmoin wiki.