How to make xapian run in hadoop

程苏珺 csjlight at 126.com
Thu Nov 21 02:20:19 GMT 2019

Hi all,
We use xapian as the backend of our system. Now the data need be indexed ever-increasing, and the local mode is hard to maintain, so we plan to move the index builder to hadoop. We try to make xapian can be run in hadoop, and now met a problem that there are many seek operations when xapian writes the index files, but the method seek() in hadoop c api only support read, and we blocked by that now。It looks a big work to rewrite the xapian database backend to adapter the hadoop c api. Could you please give us some suggestions?

Aimee Cheng