filtering by docid range?

Eric Wong e at 80x24.org
Mon Feb 8 18:06:38 GMT 2021

Hey all, is there a way to exclude results by docid?

I'm using a combined DB and guaranteeing the order for
->add_database calls.  All sub DBs have monotonically
increasing docids, so the combined docid will remain
monotonically increasing.

I'll store the maximum docid from a previous search ($OLD_MAX),
and it would be nice to have Xapian only could return results it
hasn't returned before.  Otherwise, I'll continue using:

	set_weighting_scheme(BoolWeight->new)
	set_docid_order(ENQ_DESCENDING)

...and stop iterating mset retrieval once $docid < $OLD_MAX

I'm using Perl Search::Xapian from Debian stable (buster).

Thanks