xapian-check - bad table code error

Sam Pearson sam at mysociety.org
Mon Jan 25 16:01:19 GMT 2021

Hi,

We've recently created a completely new Xapian index using the glass format
to replace an older chert database that was inconsistent.

When we run a xapian-check on the new database, it completes successfully.
If we then set XAPIAN_MAX_CHANGESETS and index new data, this completes and
some changeset files are created as expected.

However, running xapian-check against the whole database at this point
immediately stops with "xapian-check: DatabaseError: Changes file - bad
table code". Remove the changeset files and xapian-check completes without
errors.

So it seems that the index is OK, but something is amiss with the changeset
files; I'd really appreciate any help on why this might be, or where to
look to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Sam

--