LIttle problem when installing xapian-bindings-1.4.22

nebulaaksum nebulaaksum at protonmail.com
Tue May 23 04:06:50 BST 2023

Dear Olly,
Thank you so much for the prompt and candid reply to my query; Appreciated very much.
I have installed Xapian-core-1.4.22 already. But I did not know about this early before I started to configure xapian-bindings-1.4.22.  I would love to bind Java, Ruby, Perl, TCL/TK, Python3, PHP,Lau:

       --with-csharp	    enable CSharp bindings
       --with-java	    enable Java bindings
       --with-lua	    enable Lua bindings
       --with-perl	    enable Perl bindings
       --with-php	    enable PHP bindings
       --with-python	    enable Python 2 bindings
       --with-python3	    enable Python 3 bindings
       --with-ruby	    enable Ruby bindings
       --with-tcl	    enable Tcl bindings

But now I am stuck with this problem. Does it mean that

 You said, " Generally xapian-bindings with a newer xapian-core (within the same
> stable release series) should work."  But it is the newer xapian-core-1.4.22 which is installed in my system already that is having Xapian library version 1.4.18,  So the xapian-bindings-1.4.22 is saying the core an older library.
The thing is I wanted to install GTK 4.0 and others and this is one of the chains of dependencies I am led into to install GTK.

 What do you advise me more ?

  With my best regards

Mike

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.