[Xapian-devel] Omega changes

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Dec 21 12:39:38 GMT 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 11:58:20AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

[.htomega.conf]
> I don't think so.  For a start, a hidden config file is rather
> unexpected outside of a home directory.  And because this behaviour
> doesn't apply to all apache installations (let alone all httpd servers)
> I think it clouds the issue rather than helping.

Debian stable apache1.3 just restricts access to .htaccess, so I agree
that relying on this isn't a good plan.

Also, .htomega.conf is a horrible name. .htaccess is pretty bad, since
it's called that for backwards compatible reasons that have existed
for almost the entire lifetime of Apache.