[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-commits] Changes in xapian/xapian-applications/queryserver/ xapian/xapian-applications/queryserver/source/

Alex Bowley alex-xapian at hyperspeed.org
Thu May 13 18:13:35 BST 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 06:30PM, Olly Betts wrote:
> That's probably a feature worth pushing down into Xapian::QueryParser...

What is ::QueryParser? The name would suggest it takes strings (say of
the form 'hotel AND (beach OR "swimming pool")' and converts them into
::Query objects. Is this correct (I can't see any reference to the class
in the API docs)?

I'm doing a fair amount of hacking on the Perl bindings atm, and it
occurs to me that this would be a useful feature, even if I have to do
it in the perl wrapper. IIrc, the python bindings do something similar -
do they just use ::QueryParser under the hood?

--
Alex Bowley                                           http://hyperspeed.org/
"Written laws are like spider's webs; they will catch, it is true, the weak