[Xapian-devel] Debian stuff

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu May 20 14:05:47 BST 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 01:37:09PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:

> I've now got working (but not necessarily policy compliant) debian
> packages for xapian-core, the xapian python bindings, and omega and
> omindex.  I will be sorting out a public apt repository of these shortly.

Where do you plan to put this? It would be nice if we could have
xapian.org/debian or something as a public apt repository.

> Is it appropriate to add the debian control files (ie, those files in
> the debian directories in CVS) to the distribution tarballs?  I think
> yes - they don't take up much space, and it'll make it easier for me to
> manage things.

Yes, definitely appropriate. If Debian want to adopt it as an official
package they will almost certainly want to work from release tarballs,
not from CVS, given the way they work for security backports.