[Xapian-devel] [PHP5] Xapian not compiling

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 18 16:30:07 BST 2005

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 04:48:44PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> My bet: you've got PHP5 installed, which isn't supported.

Marco Tabini has written a PHP5-compatible Xapian extension, which he's
using to power a PHP-specific search engine called BeebleX:

http://beeblex.com/

I don't think he's released the source yet, and I don't know how much of
the API he's wrapped.

It would be kind of nice to be able to stop using SWIG for PHP - SWIG's
PHP support hasn't had a maintainer for several years now, and it's a
bit buggy in places.  And as noted in this thread, it doesn't support
PHP5.  So I'd certainly support efforts to produce hand-coded PHP
wrappers for Xapian.