[Xapian-devel] Subversion?

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Feb 16 10:22:39 GMT 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 05:00:05AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> I've been wondering if we should consider migrating from CVS to
> Subversion (aka SVN) for version control.  There's a utility (cvs2svn)
> to convert a CVS repository while keeping full history.  And SVN is
> supported by viewcvs (as used by http://cvs.xapian.org/)

PuTTY is now using svn, and seems happy with it. My only real concern
is that branches are copies - and the viewcvs interface to this seems
less helpful than for CVS. However we don't tend to use branches in
Xapian, so it's not actually a concern.

> We (i.e. James) would also probably need to install a more recent
> version of SVN on ixion...

We'd need to talk to Simon Tatham, because ideally we want to run
/one/ subversion on ixion; currently he's running his own server for
PuTTY (and his personal projects).