[Xapian-devel] mutable Query objects

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 25 01:41:40 GMT 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:54:51PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> 	void set_cutoff(Xapian::weight cutoff);

I notice that you can also set a weight cutoff directly to Enquire (as
well as a percentage cutoff).

Is OP_WEIGHT_CUTOFF actually useful for anything?

The only potential use I can see is to implement "search within results"
while supporting a percentage cut-off in the original query - you could
calculate the weight corresponding to that percentage once you'd run the
first query, then put that as an OP_WEIGHT_CUTOFF filter in front of the
original query before combining this with the new query.

But that wouldn't actually work though, as the querysize (and
potentially some wqfs) would be wrong for the original query once part
of the new query.