[Xapian-devel] Bug in TermIterator::skip_to() ?

Pascal Beis pascal14641 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:40:35 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've been toying with xapian (mostly using the Python bindings) and I
think I've hit a bug in the TermIterator::skip_to() method (or maybe
in QuartzAllTermsList::skip_to()).

I've attached a c++ source file that demonstrates the issue. In short,
if you have a WritableDatabase, ask for the all-terms TermIterator
with db.allterms_begin(), and then skip_to() a word that is itself a
term, the iterator sometimes stays at the beginning of the term list.
In the attached file this is demonstrated with skip_to("amsterdam"),
which results in the iterator remaining at the first term ("!!!"). If
you skip_to("amsterda"), the iterator does move to "amsterdam".

Any ideas on what is going on?

Cheers

Pascal