[Xapian-devel] SVN migration

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 24 22:32:33 GMT 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 06:04:24PM +0000, Richard Boulton wrote:
> I vote for removing all these snapshot tags.  They were rarely used even
> when they were recent (the main use was to ensure that we knew exactly
> what version the nightly checkout had used).  Now that they're all
> nearly 4 years old, I don't think there's any value in them.

OK.

I've categorised a list of all the non-branch tags (I think we probably
want to keep all the branches - they're aren't many anyway):

delete these:

apitest_here_kills_gdb_20000211 (tagged by me so we could report a gdb bug)
snapshot_2000*
snapshot_2001*
snapshot_latest
webtop_test (flagging a "good version" for webtop to use)
xsnapshot_20010216 (seem to be minor tweaks to the corresponding snapshot tag)
xsnapshot_20010219

keep these:

debian0-8-*
last_bsn (flags the last tree snapshot from the BrightStation repo)
v0-[5678]-?
v0-5-0-release-candidate
v0-5-0-release-candidate-2
v0-8-5-1
version_0_0_4
version_0_1_[0123]
version_0_2_[01]
version_0_3_[01]
version_0_4_[01]

I don't know about these - if anyone wants them, say so.  Otherwise I'll
look into exactly what they mark (I vaguely know for the first 2, and
have absolutely no idea at all about the next 2.  I can guess what the
last might be):

autoprune_by_exceptions
pre_autoprune
rel-2-0beta