[Xapian-devel] submitting a xapian entry to the FreeBSD ports collection

Jean-Francois Dockes jean-francois.dockes at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 7 17:45:20 GMT 2005

Ok, then here is what I propose to do:

 - I shall set up the FreeBSD port so that it disables the standard install in
   the examples directory (by trivially patching Makefile.in after
   extracting the source), then install copydatabase, delve and quest with
   a xapian- prefix
 - I shall submit the port to the appropriate FreeBSD queue. I am not a
   FreeBSD committer and I do not know how much time it will take to get
   into the official ports tree.

If/when the example program names are fixed so that they are less likely to
cause trouble / confusion, I'll adjust the port in consequence.

Xapian builds and works perfectly under FreeBSD as far as I know, so the
goal here is to get it into the automated ports/packages system so that
FreeBSD users will be able to use the automated system tools to
download/build/install xapian, as they do for ie, MySQL.

J.F. Dockes