[Xapian-devel] Re: Re: build error : xapian-core-0.9.4_svn6707withUTF-8patch

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Apr 6 14:35:03 BST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:57:12PM +0900, Sungsoo Kim wrote:
> The patch modifies Makefile, and it will not work.
> So I have to change lib to lib64 in the modified Makefile.
>
> With the orginal Makefile I can build successfully.
> I think we need to make 'xapian-qp-utf8-0.9.4.patch' without bugs
> and I attach it here.

But your revised patch doesn't change Makefile.am or Makefile.in at all,
so it can't work.  We need to link against glib to pull in the unicode
routines.

The existing patch requires fixing the Makefile by hand on 64 bit
installations which have lib64, but your patch requires fixing the
Makefile by hand on *EVERY* box, which is hardly an improvement.

I wouldn't worry about this too much - I'm going to be folding this
patch into the tree pretty soon anyway.