[Xapian-devel] Re: Re: Re: build error :xapian-core-0.9.4_svn6707withUTF-8patch

Sungsoo Kim xingshou at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 06:06:44 BST 2006

> But your revised patch doesn't change Makefile.am or Makefile.in at all,
> so it can't work.  We need to link against glib to pull in the unicode
> routines.

As you expect it must generate compilation errors. But I could finish
building
without errors. I cannot understand it.

Anyway the patch is not working, queryparser does not handle UTF-8
characters as I expected. I guess when I applied 0.9.2.patch there were
several errors including "hunk", therefore all of the patch might not be
applied due to many changes of source code.

> I wouldn't worry about this too much - I'm going to be folding this
> patch into the tree pretty soon anyway.

Currently I cannot use 0.9.4 svn version with UTF-8 patch. I hope new
UTF-8 patch should be provided.

Sungsoo Kim