[Xapian-devel] PHP Latest

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Apr 21 16:48:55 BST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:31:43AM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> Can we do anything to be more sure that all the destructors are being
> called?

More testing?  Or a code audit of PHP perhaps...

If we have an example which shows a problem, it should be easy to fix.
Without an example, there's a lot of places to have to check.

> Olly, I'm still concerned about the case where wrapped objects are
> referenced by other wrapped objects (meaning at the c++ xapian level)

Xapian shouldn't be able to create reference loops (certainly not
involving WritableDatabase which is the only case where it actually
matters).  So provided the SWIG glue destroys the C++ objects it
holds, they'll release their references to other objects which will
then get destroyed, and so on.