[Xapian-devel] updated .spec file for xapian (FC6)

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:18:21 GMT 2006

Hi all,

On 11/8/06, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> I don't think we want a BuildRequires: here too do we?  This is just
> specifying a binary package to be built from this source package (those
> are the debian terms - sorry, but I don't recall the RPM nomenclature).

I don't think a dependency on autoconf is necessary either. None of
the specs in Fedora Extras that I looked at have this.

> Otherwise it looks good to me, though I'm no RPM expert so it would be
> good to have Fabrice Colin's input as he really maintains this spec file.
> Fabrice: see the attached patch.

Yes, the change on post/postun looks good.

> I think we also want to run "autoreconf --force" in xapian-omega's and
> xapian-binding's spec files too for the same reason we do here.

Why is autoreconf needed ? I didn't run into any difficulty with libtool
when rebuilding the RPMs on FC6/x86-64, or applications that depend
on Xapian. Or did I miss something ?

Cheers.

Fabrice