[Xapian-devel] xapian-config --libs output on Suse 10.1

Jean-Francois Dockes jean-francois.dockes at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 2 13:32:13 BST 2006

On Suse 10.1, xapian-config --libs outputs the following:

-L/usr/lib -lxapian -L/usr/lib -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s -lm -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s

The usual output on other linuxes seems to be like
 -L/where/is/lib/ -lxapian

This causes a problem when trying to perform a static link with xapian,
because there does not seem to exist a libgcc_s.a

Actually, I am not quite sure about what "xapian-config --libs" is supposed
to be used for (it's not too clear in the manual page), so I don't even
know if this is a bug or a feature. I'm only sure it causes problems with
the way I use it.

Regards,

J.F. Dockes