[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-commits] 7283: trunk/xapian-core/ trunk/xapian-core/net/

richard at lemurconsulting.com richard at lemurconsulting.com
Wed Oct 4 19:46:34 BST 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:06:23PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> My worry was really just that I've already had several iterations
> chasing away warnings about char casting (I thought it was on exactly
> this code, but SVN history suggests it was elsewhere, or that I only
> checked in the last version).  I just had a sinking feeling about
> restarting that, especially as preparing the next release is already
> dragging on.

Yes, I saw you'd been having problems with casting in the SVN mailings.

What's the status of progress towards the next release?

I have a couple of patches which we've been working on occassionally over
the last few weeks.  One of these is a bit mega (55K, quite invasive,
implements an interface for using User-supplied custom sort objects to
perform the match, and thus needs changes to the matcher code, the remote
protocol, and various other related bits, but doesn't make backwards
incompatible changes to the API) so should probably be deferred until after
the release (and then broken up into small parts to be applied).  The other
is pretty small, and is now at

http://www.tartarus.org/~richard/xapian-patches/queryparser-incremental.patch

Is it reasonable to consider patches like this for inclusion with Xapian
(regardless of whether this particular patch is acceptable), or would you
rather concentrate on getting the next release done before being
distracted?  If the latter, I'll just archive the patches and maintain them
until it's a suitable time to consider them.

--
Richard