[Xapian-devel] QueryParser::stoplist_begin() behaviour

richard at lemurconsulting.com richard at lemurconsulting.com
Sat Apr 21 23:25:48 BST 2007

I'm wondering what the intended semantics for the contents of the list
returned by QueryParser::stoplist_begin() is.  Currently, if a query parser
is created, and then used multiple times, the list returned by
stoplist_begin() is the list of all terms that have been excluded from any
query due to being considered a stoplist.  I would have expected it to only
return items from the previous query.  The documentation comment ("Iterate
over terms omitted from the query as stopwords.") doesn't make it totally
clear which is the intended behaviour (though if I had to guess, I'd guess
that it should only return information for the previous query).

By contrast, the list returned by unstem_begin() only refers to the
previous query.

Is anyone relying on the current behaviour, and would anyone object if I
changed the behaviour to match that of unstem_begin()?

--
Richard