[Xapian-devel] Build problems

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Feb 12 12:22:53 GMT 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 12:16:58PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> http://www.oligarchy.co.uk/tinderbox/xapian/status.html
>
> (I'll add a link...)

Cool, cheers.

> Current HEAD won't build as I'm part way through updating the
> stemmers, but it was in reasonable shape before that.  The ixion
> builds were OK, except the arm cross compiler seems to have lost
> the C++ "string" header (and all the other STL headers from what
> I can see!)

Annoyingly, I just updated to HEAD, so now I can't build either :-)

The arm problem is probably that I uninstalled g++-3.0; if the arm
compiler package doesn't have its own header files, there's not much I
can do about that, as having the GCC v3.0 around these days is asking
for trouble.

Actually, scratch that - the arm GCC is v2.95, so it needs g++-2.95,
which I removed at the same time. I'll put that back, and hopefully
it'll sort itself out. GCC should really be split into -base and
arch-specific packages, though... assuming the g++-arm package is from
Debian proper, and not some bodge I found somewhere... :)