[Xapian-devel] Test failures

Richard Boulton richard at lemurconsulting.com
Sun Jun 24 20:03:25 BST 2007

Olly Betts wrote:
> However, I don't believe this is actually the cause of the problem, since
> this change just fixes configure to actually successfully detect modern
> versions of valgrind.

It's probably worth noting that I checked (about 2 weeks ago) a recent
version of xapian with a SVN HEAD release of valgrind, and while it
still reports memory leaks in the remotetcp test cases, it reports
smaller amounts leaked than the version of valgrind in debian stable
(ie, as installed on atreus).  The changelog for valgrind notes that
some improvements have been made in the memory checker to avoid false
positives.

I'm 99.9% confident that the reports are false positives, having gone
through them in some detail, but it would be very nice to make them go
away...  For the buildbot I've been setting up, I've disabled valgrind
checks on the remotetcp backend.

--
Richard