[Xapian-devel] Test failures

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Jun 24 23:14:57 BST 2007

On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 08:03:25PM +0100, Richard Boulton wrote:
> It's probably worth noting that I checked (about 2 weeks ago) a recent
> version of xapian with a SVN HEAD release of valgrind, and while it
> still reports memory leaks in the remotetcp test cases, it reports
> smaller amounts leaked than the version of valgrind in debian stable
> (ie, as installed on atreus).  The changelog for valgrind notes that
> some improvements have been made in the memory checker to avoid false
> positives.

Turns out this is a red herring.  The leaks appear to be the buffers
inside a stdio "FILE" structure, so the sizes probably just vary by
glibc version, or other unrelated factors.

The fix is two lines, and my tree now passes all the tests!  I'll
check that in shortly.

It seems we're leaking a file descriptor per remotetcp database opened
though, which isn't ideal.  That may be harder to fix though.