[Xapian-devel] Sorting results by a "sort expression"

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Oct 10 02:20:28 BST 2008

On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 10:16:04AM -0500, Elliot Winkler wrote:
> Was ExternalSourcePostList meant to be dropped in as a replacement at
> some point in the future?

The functionality from the ExternalSourcePostList patch plus the ability
to supply weighting information was added to SVN trunk a while ago, but
is now called Xapian::PostingSource:

http://trac.xapian.org/browser/trunk/xapian-core/docs/postingsource.rst

Richard's been doing some work on adding support for multiple database
and for remote databases:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/295

This is too big a change to go in the 1.0 branch now.  We're probably
going to have a series of 1.1.x development releases leading to a
stable 1.2 series, but we've not finally decided the details.