[Xapian-devel] Sorting results by a "sort expression"

Rusty Conover rconover at infogears.com
Fri Oct 10 02:55:04 BST 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 7:20 PM, Olly Betts wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 10:16:04AM -0500, Elliot Winkler wrote:
>> Was ExternalSourcePostList meant to be dropped in as a replacement at
>> some point in the future?
>
> The functionality from the ExternalSourcePostList patch plus the
> ability
> to supply weighting information was added to SVN trunk a while ago,
> but
> is now called Xapian::PostingSource:
>
> http://trac.xapian.org/browser/trunk/xapian-core/docs/
> postingsource.rst

Olly,

Really?  As the author of ExternalSourcePostList, it will be very nice
to not to have to maintain it against the releases any more. I didn't
notice it landed.

Is the perl module patched as well?

Thanks for taking that into the tree, I'll check it out and hopefully
write an example or two for the docs.

Thanks,

Rusty
--
Rusty Conover
InfoGears Inc. / GearBuyer.com / FootwearBuyer.com