[Xapian-devel] Sample quickstartindex unable to create database on Windows 2008

Martin Margo martin_margo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 1 19:11:45 BST 2009

Thanks for your reply.

C:\tmp\junk14 existed. I deleted the dir and XapianIndex.exe still crashes.

I debugged the program and in database.cc in Xapian code line 205 function
WritableDatabase::WritableDatabase(const std::string &path, int action) : Database ()

'path' variable is preceeded with weird characters, such as so:
"ÌÌÌÌC:\tmp\junk14"

const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > &

While it should have read 'C:\tmp\junk14'.

Thanks for your help.

Martin