[Xapian-devel] question and potential consulting gig

Kyle J. Ginavan kylejginavan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:45:33 BST 2009

we are looking to enhance our projects search.  we only need searching
of database tables.  we are currently using postgresql's full text
search.

from your experience, how long does xapian index take to add delta's
to results?  on your site you advertise "Allows simultaneous update
and searching. New documents become searchable right away."  what does
right away mean?  like less than a minute, 5 minutes (given unlimited
hardware resources)?  is there db size where adding delta's is slow?

if someone can confirm this, i would like to discuss a potential
consulting job with them.

cheers,

Kyle J. Ginavan