[Xapian-devel] Xapian packages in rpmforge?

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Thu Sep 17 14:16:28 BST 2009

hello folks!

i've recently joined the rpmforge maintainers; given that Tim Brody
has already written specfiles for RHEL4 and RHEL5, would you be
interested in my adding the xapian packages to rpmforge?  this would
eliminate (or at least reduce) the need for you to maintain a separate
repository and would mean that many users (those who have already
configured their systems to pull packages from rpmforge) would have a
turnkey installation of Xapian.

i found the SRPMs in http://xapian.org/RPM/centos5/SRPMS/, so i don't
think i'll need any further technical assistance in porting the
packages, but i wanted to check in with you first.  thoughts?

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v