[Xapian-devel] GSoC - Improving Spelling Correction

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 11 16:03:04 BST 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 04:17:21PM +0800, ???? wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have already submitted a proposal for this project.

Sorry, I misunderstood your mail.

The documentation for the spelling feature answers pretty much all your
questions:

http://xapian.org/docs/spelling

The limitation of only being able to get the best suggestion via the API
probably should be removed - it's actually one of the bullet points in
the project idea.

You're welcome to add additional information as comments to your
proposal, but we have started to sift through them, and new comments may
not be taken into account if we've already decided on a proposal - as
Praveen points out, last week was a better time to do the major work on
your proposal.  This week it should be more about minor tweaks.