[Xapian-devel] How to enable stemming with default_op set to OP_NEAR

Shen Li te_quira at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:16:14 GMT 2011

Hi All,

I know that from version 1.2.6, if default_op is OP_NEAR or OP_PHRASE then stemming of the terms is disabled, since positional information isn't indexed for stemmed terms by default. However, I would like to try using OP_NEAR as default_op with stemming because I think the near operator is somehow different from exact phrase. Then I wanna see how the search results looks with this setting compared to those with OP_AND as default_op. However, even I managed to index stemmed terms with position information I couldn't find where to make changes to enable stemming in queryparser. I checked with queryparser.cc and queryparser_internal.cc, but haven't find the exact piece of codes which disabled stemming when default_op is OP_NEAR. So I guess maybe someone here could offer some help, and I really appreciate your time!

Thanks,
Shen