[Xapian-devel] how to change the default operator?

Shen Li te_quira at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:42:52 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you guys with such a rookie question. I tried to change the default boolean operator by editing the file queryparser.h like this:

void set_default_op(Query::op OP_AND);

However, after rebuilding I tested it with the query "grad school" and it still worked with the OP_OR as default, like this:

Parsed query is: Xapian::Query((Zgrad:(pos=1) OR Zschool:(pos=2)))

Could somebody give me any clue about this? Is there any other file in the queryparser directory should I also edit, such as queryparser.cc?

Thanks for any idea!

Best,
Shen