[Xapian-devel] GSoC

riadh chtara riadh.chtara at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:54:05 BST 2012

Hello
I would like the thank you for remembering me.
I'm sorry, I was a very busy.
I have some comment about the idea:

   - because php is  the most it's very important for the web community
   because php is the most important open source web language
   - C++ is a powerful and strong programming language, but it's
   a little bit complicated especially for php developer that are not used to
   them use(like pointer  and iterator). Using the some directly the same c++
   functions style in php could be tricky.So the best thing we could do is to
   provide a new set of functions especially design for php
   - for the second part of the project, I think it's great idea : php and
   c++ are both object oriented language and I will be more natural to wrap
   object  by object

I have a few questions for If you don't mind

   - I think that the first part is a little bit shorter than the second
   one. What do you think?
   - Do you think it would be better to redesign the hole php xapian api?
   - who will be mentoring this project?

Yours sincerely
Riadh