[Xapian-devel] A new Idea in GSoC 2012

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Mar 21 09:10:25 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:08:42AM +0200, MOHAMED IBRAHIM ELDESOUKI wrote:
> I found that Xapian doesn't support Arabic, so I decided to help in that
> issue ...

And I see you've kindly signed me up as a mentor for it, without asking
me first.  Please don't do that.

I've commented out the new idea for now - we don't want ideas on the
list without potential mentors, as that's unhelpful for students looking
for a project to apply for.  And I don't know if I'm interested in
mentoring it without knowing more about what needs doing to improve Arabic
support.

So, what actually needs doing?