[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2013 and cotnributing to xapian

Tejas Nikumbh tejasnikumbh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:22:32 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am Tejas Nikumbh, an undergrad at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
I will be participating in GSoC this year. [GSoC 2013]. In order to imporve
my chances for getting selected this year, I would like to start
contributing early on to Open Source development via xapian.

Here's a little background info :

*Languages proficient in : *Java, Python, Javascript [+jQuery] ,
HTML[+HTML5 Canvas], CSS [+CSS3]. C++ should be on the list soon.

*CS Theory :* Discrete Math, Probablity and Random Processes, Data
Structures and Algorithms.

*SVN : *Github, Mercurial
.
*Basic Machine learning [Regression algos and some classification algos]*

Based on the above info, are there any projects  which might suit me?

Also, Picking up something reasonable quickly shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks,

--
Tejas Nikumbh,
Third Year Undergraduate,